Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life in a Cage?


Does a caged budgie feel sad? Or yearn for "Freedom"? Of course, we have no way of knowing. These budgies were born and raised in captivity, so perhaps they don't, or perhaps, not as much as a wild budgie would. However, I often wonder if their instinct to fly, when frustrated, feels a bit badly. We can't let them be free; its too dangerous. Perhaps, metaphorically speaking, some of our own limitations exist to help us and even protect us, although we cannot see it in that way ourselves?

2 comments:

Carl said...

If I were able to fly, I would definitely be an extremely reckless flyer. The Big Budgie In The Sky wisely removed the genes for wings and feathers from my DNA, to protect me and others around me.

Budgie Blogger said...

yay! carl has returned to the blog! his flu must have ended. welcome back!

i am sad to have no genes for wings or feathers. as i get closer to age 50, i wonder, do i have the genes for chicken neck?

The Happy Couple

The Happy Couple
Sutcliffe and Maryann in early 2007