Saturday, December 8, 2007
All well in Baby Budgie Land
We finally saw the third egg (fourth, really since one has hatched), which is reassuring. No more seem to have hatched. Sutcliffe is going full force now on feeding: he goes through about one to two teaspoons of cooked oatmeal a day, and about as much seed. He's an eating and feeding machine! Sutcliffe's beak is now a brilliant blue, both cere and lower beak. I wish I could post video for you all to see, but, I am glad to report, the baby is moving well. His rump seems to have a few pin feathers on it, or, that may simply be shadow. Its hard to get good focus. Most of the time, the baby and eggs are being sat upon by MA. However, from time to time he seems to squirm out and CHIRP! How could something or someone so tiny be so loud? He is no bigger than the tip of my thumb, probably more like the size of the tip of my pinkie.
- ► 2009 (34)
- ► 2008 (73)
- Some Pictures of Growing Baby! What a Fledgling!
- Parents Love Their Growing Baby Bird
- Boos-day, December 18th, 2007
- Baby Budgie Spreads Her Wings
- The Eggs Have been Removed
- More Footage, Baby and Parents
- Baby Spins!
- Happy Boos-day, Dec 11th
- Baby Urges Siblings to Hatch!
- All is Well, Still one Hatchling
- All well in Baby Budgie Land
- Births and Hatchings
- Test Question: Do You Know What Day it Is?
- Ten Days to Two Weeks
- ▼ December (14)