Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Boos-day, December 18th, 2007
Happy Boos-day, all! Boo is doing great. He's still adorable and playful, and tame. He seems to particularly enjoy when we get home and give him greens. Mia is also fine. She/he remains neurotic, and often runs back on forth on the perch closest to Boo's cage, quite nervously. She also squawks loudly whenever a hand goes into her cage to deposit food. She actually falls off the perch in her terror. There are tame budgies; and then, there's Mia. Boo and Mia are polar opposites in terms of tameness.
In the summer Boo, and the other budgies gets fresh grasses and dandelion greens. However, in the winter, he (and the other flock members) typically get dill weed, almost daily. They rejected parsley. They love cilantro, but it is a bit pricey and so it is reserved as an occasional treat. I did freeze several stalks of wild grass with seeds, recently thawed. The result of this experiment was budgie elation all around.
- ► 2009 (34)
- ► 2008 (73)
- Some Pictures of Growing Baby! What a Fledgling!
- Parents Love Their Growing Baby Bird
- Boos-day, December 18th, 2007
- Baby Budgie Spreads Her Wings
- The Eggs Have been Removed
- More Footage, Baby and Parents
- Baby Spins!
- Happy Boos-day, Dec 11th
- Baby Urges Siblings to Hatch!
- All is Well, Still one Hatchling
- All well in Baby Budgie Land
- Births and Hatchings
- Test Question: Do You Know What Day it Is?
- Ten Days to Two Weeks
- ▼ December (14)