Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Having had enough of three different cages to clean, and also, in order to move gradually towards one large cage (to be constructed this weekend?) we have moved Mia, Mary Ann, and Boo into one cage (Boo's), and moved the "hospital cage" up and adjacent so that they can fraternize cross-cages.
This video is taken right after the cages were placed adjacently. In the foreground cage and on the left (standing on top of nest box) is Magoo, the new baby. You can see s/he is doing really well. Mary ann and Sutcliffe are spending a lot of time making the "where are you CHIRP" to each other. Mia and Boo seem to want to fight. The baby is just dreadfully excited about the whole scenario. I have placed a cover on the cage area in between the two cages, to help them settle down. We'll let them fraternize a bit more this evening. I am thinking that perhaps, the new baby is well enough for all the budgies to go into one big cage. It will also be fun to observe their interactions as a flock.
- ► 2009 (34)
- Parrots in the Land of Oz! (Thanks M!)
- Magoo Chin Feathers Grow Back
- Happy Boo's-Day! Tuesday, Jan 29th, 2008-Boo and h...
- Magoo Doing Great!
- Happy Boos Day! January 22, 2008-Pecking Orders
- New Habitats
- Say Hello to Magoo!
- Budgies Enjoy Adjacent Cages
- Baby Close to Normal!
- Happy Boos-day, Jan 15th 2008
- Doing Better
- Baby Getting Better
- Poll Results Update
- Baby Injured: but Recovering (Warning-Sad, Upsetti...
- The Baby Can Now Stand on Perch
- Baby Handling
- Voting Re-set
- Baby Is Boo-ish, Happy Boo's day and New Year
- ▼ January (19)