Thursday, January 17, 2008
Say Hello to Magoo!
The poll showed that Magoo is the winning name. Thanks to everyone who voted!
And as you can see, our baby bird is healing very nicely. You can see some white feathers on his/her chest: this is where feathers were pulled off and are regrowing. His/her muttonchops (my name for the feathery jowl area on a budgie) are growing back gradually. The chin remains a bit bare, and there are a couple of smudges remaining from the goo episode. However s/he is doing a good job rubbing sticks with his/her head and beak to clean these smudges. Otherwise our baby is doing great! MIlestones include her/his standing on both feet equally, eating with pleasure, biting us (the human guardians) and flying, once again, with reckless abandon. However, we will be keeping a close eye on this baby, and also, Magoo's compatriots.
- ► 2009 (34)
- Parrots in the Land of Oz! (Thanks M!)
- Magoo Chin Feathers Grow Back
- Happy Boo's-Day! Tuesday, Jan 29th, 2008-Boo and h...
- Magoo Doing Great!
- Happy Boos Day! January 22, 2008-Pecking Orders
- New Habitats
- Say Hello to Magoo!
- Budgies Enjoy Adjacent Cages
- Baby Close to Normal!
- Happy Boos-day, Jan 15th 2008
- Doing Better
- Baby Getting Better
- Poll Results Update
- Baby Injured: but Recovering (Warning-Sad, Upsetti...
- The Baby Can Now Stand on Perch
- Baby Handling
- Voting Re-set
- Baby Is Boo-ish, Happy Boo's day and New Year
- ▼ January (19)